Sunday, August 4, 2013

AA-Priceless Archives-Need for Action. Letters. Here's a letter just received

Thank you both for your timely and thorough response. I have been convinced for quite some time of reality of the original Akron program and the power of the One True Living God to cure us of this affliction. I appreciate the attachments and book information you have sent. I will appreciate and gratefully acknowledge any other or further attachments you may decide to send me and will utilize them according to their intended purpose.  I have ordered the Pioneers book to add to my Dick and Ken books. Your materials are and have been sorely needed in AA and I read and study them with avid interest and satisfaction. I communicate the information the best I can in the insurance- and quasi-medical driven paradigm in which I am presently employed. 

GSO has recently confirmed the 1939-1942 Archive Scrapbook is out-of-print; the other two are still available from GSO until supplies are exhausted. I have purchased the other two Scrapbooks. I had presented GSO several weeks ago in writing with my clear and valid request for access to the first Scrapbook, citing archival and historical interest; they have not yet responded. The existence of these Scrapbooks was a revelation to my local archivist, historian and local central office. If you know of anyone who would be able to provide an actual or facsimile copy of Scrapbook #1, I would appreciate the referral. 

I have always questioned the legitimacy of Ebby's purported statement to Bill W. offering the solution of choosing one's own concept of God. As I recall, my failure to heed, respect, cooperate with or understand God is what got me into trouble in the first place - inventing my own version of God seemed ill-advised, insane, pagan and blasphemous, not to mention that I was not in the best shape as a newcomer to act as my own theologian and spiritual director. I eagerly anticipate what I expect to be your coverage of this particular issue in Pioneers.

Thank you for your fine work and God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment